Below are some of the questions that I have received after customizing ProPhoto blogsites. I’ve written up the instructions so that you’ll have a little reading to do. I’m a big proponent of teaching someone how to fish instead of just giving them a fish, and ProPhoto has already done an excellent job of explaining it, so why reinvent the wheel :)
If after reading these instructions you still have questions .. give me a shout out on the Contact page and I’ll see if I can get you setup with what you need done!
How do I add a new information page to my blogsite?
- First you will need to add a new page. If you are unfamiliar with WordPress and how to do so, ProPhoto has a great tutorial on Working With Pages already written up here.
- Next you will need to link that page to your menu. You will need to know which type of menu is setup for your custom blogsite. Typically it will either be the Primary Navigation menu or Vertical Navigation menu. Again, ProPhoto has a tutorial already written up here on how the menus work and how to add/edit/delete them.
How do I add/remove/rearrange the images in a gallery?
- First you will need to edit the page the gallery resides on.
- You will see the ProPhoto gallery as a thumbnail image (with Edit/Delete buttons) in the page (make sure the Visual Tab is selected if you don’t see the thumbnail image).
- Again, ProPhoto has a tutorial explaining how to add and delete images from the gallery here.
- To rearrange the images in a gallery, select Edit from the ProPhoto Gallery. The Edit ProPhoto Gallery window will appear with the images already uploaded to the gallery shown as thumbnails. Use these thumbnail images to drag and drop until you achieve the arrangement you like. Then click on the Save Changes button of the window.
- Don’t forget to Update your page or post before leaving!
How do I add an entire new gallery/portfolio to my blogsite?
- First, prepare your images for your gallery. You should have received the dimensions that are required for your sites galleries.
- Next, you will need to add a new page.
- Click on the Upload/Insert button and select the images you’ve created for your gallery.
- Once they are all done uploading, click the New ProPhoto Gallery from images button.
- Enter the gallery Title and SubTitle and then click on either the Slideshow Options or Lightbox Options, depending on how yours is setup.
- Enter the specific Slideshow or Lightbox options and then click on the Save Changes button.
- Then click on either the Insert as Slideshow or Insert as Lightbox button.
- Make sure you Publish your page!
- Link the page to a new menu item if needed.
How do I create a grid of specific Blog Posts or Pages?
- First you will create a new page for your grid to be placed on.
- Next, insert the grid by selecting ProPhoto and then New Grid at the top of the page. You can find an overview of grids and how they work here on ProPhoto.
- Select Select Post/Pages from the Grid Type dropdown list.
- Select your Grid Style, Grid Layout, Crop Ratio, and Number of Columns.
- Select and drag the posts/pages you want from the Available posts/pages area to the Selected posts/pages area.
- When you are done, click on the Insert Grid button.
- Don’t forget to Publish your page and link it to a menu item!